Submissions for the 2025 calendar are now being accepted.
Katie Long of Cape Carteret was the lucky $100 gift card winner in our 2024 Calendar Photo Contest.
Congratulations to all of the talented photographers whose images were selected for the calendar. The other winners are: Denise Ruffin, of Emerald Isle; Dan Williams, of Morehead City; Doug West, of Salter Path; Cheryl Mansfield, of Morehead City; Krista Bradt, of Newport; Mark Wales, of Cape Carteret; Eileen Smith, of Peletier; Herman Martin, of Peletier; Beth Shepard, of Beaufort; Wick Smith, of Beaufort; and Sarah Wilson, of Swansboro.
Our 2024 wall calendar will be available to members at our offices in Newport and Havelock in November.
Photo Contest Guidelines
A panel of judges will select up to 14 winning photos (one for each month, one for the following January, and one for the cover).
The deadline is Aug. 15 each year. Judging will be done by the staff of Carolina Country magazine.
Winners will be notified when judging is completed. Their names’ will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card.
Only Carteret-Craven Electric Co-op members may enter the contest. (CCEC employees and their immediate families and spouses are not eligible to enter the contest.)
- Photos must be electronic.
- Photos must capture the beauty of our area (consider photos taken during all seasons). The photos must be taken by you, not someone else.
- Photo submissions must include the following information:
- CCEC Account Number
- Where photo was taken and a description
- One membership (household) may submit up to 5 photos, but we may limit each photographer to no more than two winning entries.
- Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Photo Contest” in the subject line.
Submit photos taken in CCEC’s service area and nearby areas.
JPEG digital images
Enter color photos that are appropriately sized for quality printing at 12 inches wide by 9 inches high (300 dpi resolution: minimum resolution of 3,600 pixels by 2,700 pixels).
Only horizontal pictures will be accepted. Vertical photos will be eliminated.
Image must be an original you own.
Scenic photos preferred. However, if individuals are identifiable in your photo, you must obtain the permission of anyone depicted for the photograph to be published in the calendar.
DEADLINE: August 15, 2023
Email your questions to Communications Director at email@example.com.